That’s right! You’ve heard it. The New Lebanon Library is moving towards reopening its doors for in-person browsing by appointment only–starting next week: August 31st. Things will not look the same due to health and safety precautions, but the level of service we offer will stay top-notch! Here are things you’ll need to know for the re-opening:
Health & Safety Precautions
Masks are required to enter the library building. There will be hand sanitizer stations located/identified throughout the building. Please keep 6 feet of space between you, the staff members and other patrons for the safety of everyone. There are markers on the floor to help you remember.
Library Open Hours will be returning to normal starting Monday, August 31st.
- Monday-Wednesday & Friday — 10-6PM
- Saturday 10-1PM
Curbside services will continue at this time. Please call to arrange pickup times or to request items. You can also use the chat feature on our website.
In-Person Library Browsing
This service will be available for appointment only–for now. Here is what you need to know:
- Each appointment is 15 minutes.
- In-person appointment Hours are 11AM-5PM–Monday- Fridays & 10:15-12:45PM on Saturdays
- There is a maximum of 5 people allowed per appointment slot. (For example, from 11AM-11:15, a max of 5 people total are allowed in the building for in-person browsing–NOT 5 people per group. Families with children, please keep this in mind for appointments.)
- There are currently no toys in the children’s section for health and safety reasons. (We are sorry for this.)
- You MUST call to arrange for an in-person browsing appointment.
- There will be no seats available and the bathrooms are not available for public use at this time.
- The program room is also off limits to the public at this time.
As we are starting this service, we will also be having set hours for computer appointment times. Here is what you need to know:
- There are 2 computers available for public use.
- Please call to arrange for an appointment.
- Each appointment is 30 minutes.
- Please bring all needed passwords to appointments.
- A helper can be brought in to assist with computer session.
- Computer hours are 10-11AM, 1PM-2PM, 5PM-5:45PM –Monday -Wednesday &Fridays
- On Thursdays Computer hours are 10-11AM, 1PM-2PM, 5-6:45PM
- Please note: the last appointment of the day is only 15 minutes.